Terms and Conditions
- This document sets out the terms and conditions of BHC School of Design (PTY) LTD to all access or use and use of the information, products, services, and functions provided on designschool.co.za or offered at 72 Salt River Road, Woodstock, Cape Town.
- The headings of the various paragraphs in this agreement are for reference purposes only and shall not be considered on the interpretation of this agreement.
- Unless the content indicates otherwise:
- any reference to the masculine gender shall also include the feminine gender and vice versa.
- any reference to the singular shall also include the plural and vice versa.
- The Institution means: BHC School of Design (Pty) Ltd, 72 Salt River Road, WOODSTOCK.
- Student domicilium citandi et executandi (“domicilium”) for all purposes as per guardian physical address
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ advance authorization, permission, and consent as they (your parents or legal guardians) will be bound by these Terms before purchasing any products or services.
- BHC School of Design reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend and/or replace any of, or the whole of, the Terms and Conditions. Such amendments shall supersede and replace any previous Terms and Conditions and shall be made available on the Website. Each time a user accesses the Website and/or uses the services of BHC School of Design, the user shall be deemed to have consented, by such access and/or, to the Terms and Conditions, as amended and/or replaced by BHC School of Design
- The last date for application for enrolment will be prescribed in the enrolment form pertaining to the applicable progamme being applied for. Any applications made post this date will be charged a R500.00 late application fee.
- For the Full-Time Diploma and Higher Certificate Programmes this will mean the last Friday in November of the year before the programme begins
- The last date for registration for our Full-Time programmes shall mean the last Friday before the start of the new academic year
- The starting date for the full-time programmes shall be stated in their application enrolment/applicable fees document.
- Application documentation for short courses and online courses is to be completed prior to commencement of the course.
- Start dates for short courses and online courses are set as per the application forms and as advertised on the website and are subject to change.
Admission requirements , selection and application fees
- Admission to the programme is limited to an amount as determined from time to time by the Institution and is subject to the discretion of the Institution as it may deem fit, to admit more students in a particular calendar year. Applicants are subject to the selection process of the Institution as set out in paragraph 3.2 and 3.3 hereunder.
- Only students who comply with the admission requirements of the Institution will be allowed to participate in the selection process. The Institution reserves the right in their absolute discretion to formulate and/or amend the admission requirements and to implement such amended requirements.
- The decision with regard to selection by the Institution is final and the Institution shall not be obliged to furnish reasons for its decision. No further correspondence will be conducted thereafter.
- Students who have been accepted into the full-time programmes will be advised in writing.
International students for face-to-face programmes
- If a student is not a South African citizen, the student himself shall make application for a study permit and hand the permit to the Institution before commencement of the programme.
- If the student is applying for a study permit or applying for a change of institution on a study permit already issued, the student will submit interim paperwork as proof of application until the study permit has been issued where after a copy of the study permit will be submitted to the institution.
- Any International student wanting to apply to BHC School of Design must submit their International Qualification to SAQA for evaluation. The qualification in question needs to be found to be on a NQF level 4 for application to the full-time programmes.
Rules and regulations of the organisation
- The student acknowledges that he is familiar with and understands the rules and regulations of the Institution (“Code of Conduct”) and examination instructions; and undertakes to submit to the rules and regulations as may from time to time be amended by the Institution in its absolute discretion. (Annexure B)
- Should the student be guilty of contravention of the said rules and regulations, paragraph 4.1 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
Content of the website and learner management systems (LMS)
- BHC School of Design reserves the right to make improvements, to change or discontinue, without notice, any aspect or feature of the Website and any information or content on the Website and LMS.
- BHC School of Design reserves the right to change and amend the products, prices and rates quoted on the Website from time to time without notice.
- Whilst BHC School of Design has taken all reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the Website, LMS and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or application available via the websites are free of viruses, or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt, damage or affect the operation of the user’s system. You will be exclusively responsible for any damage caused to your software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data caused as a result of any use of the Website or LMS.
Linked third-party websites and third-party content
- BHC School of Design may provide links to third party websites on the LMS. These links are provided to the user for convenience purpose only and BHC does not endorse, nor does the inclusion of any link imply BHC’s endorsement of, such websites, their owners, licensees or administrators or such websites’ content or security practices or operations.
- While BHC tries to provide links only to reputable websites or online providers. BHC cannot accept responsibility or liability for the information provided on other websites. Linked websites or pages are not under, nor subject to, the control of BHC. BHC is not responsible for and gives no warranties or makes any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party or advertised websites on the Website and LMS.
- BHC shall not be held liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the content, the use or inability to use or access any linked websites or any link(s) contained in a linked website, nor for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any dealings with, or as the result of the presence of such third party linked websites on the Website and LMS. Any dealings that you may have with linked websites, including advertisers, found on the Website and LMS, are solely between you and the third-party website.
Full-time programme module exemption and selection
- All modules are compulsory for successful completion of the full-time programmes.
- Should a module be exempted in the case of Recognition of Prior Learning or awarded credit for in the case of Credit Accumulation and Transfer these modules shall not need to be registered for but will form part of the completed programme for certification.
- The student and/or his legal guardian hereby indemnifies the Institution, employee of the Institution, Directors and/or any third party who is responsible for any damage which the student and/or legal guardian may suffer as a result of any actions of the Institution, employee of the Institution, Directors and/or any third party in terms hereof.
- In particular, and without prejudice to paragraph 7.1, the student indemnifies the Institution, employee of the Institution and/or third party, for any loss of, or damages to, equipment, material or literature which belongs to the student.
- The content of and copyright over any module notes and material which is presented and distributed by the Institution, remains the exclusive property of the Institution, and the student will under no circumstances be allowed to use such material for any purpose outside the programme of course.
- The student shall under no circumstances reproduce, or allow to be reproduced, such material.
- The Institution does not directly provide any accommodation.
- Should a student be interested in Accommodation at 72 Salt River Road, Woodstock, this would form a separate Agreement with the landlord “The Suddie Trust”.
Payment of full-time programme fees
- The full-time programme fee is determined based on the module selection. There is a registration fee of R3500.00 (R6500.00 for international students) over and above the programme fee. These fees do not include cost of any materials, books, equipment etc.
- The full-time programme fees as set out hereunder are payable on due date(s) by way of Cash, Debit Order and Electronic Transfers
- Credit card payments are accepted by SnapScan and Yoco on Campus.
- Programme fees are based on the costs related to the presentation of the programme and therefore, should the student choose not to proceed with the programme, or part thereof, of the Institution, they will still be responsible for the full programme fee for that academic year.
- The registration fee of R3500 for South Africans and R6500 for International students is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Students who terminate their studies for whatsoever reason will be liable for the full annual tuition fee amount for the academic year in which they are registered.
- BHC School of Design reserves the right to preform a full credit check.
- A student will be automatically suspended should their fees at any time be more than 120 days in arrears. Such a suspension will only be lifted once all outstanding tuition fees have been settled.
- International students need to ensure they are in possession of a South African Study Permit, or a South African temporary residence permit before classes commence.
Payment of online course fees
- The course fees as set out on the website for the applicable online courses are payable on due date(s) indicated on the website by way of Credit Card and Instant EFT by way of PayFast.
- Full payment is due the Friday before the course starts.
- If student cancels an online course for any reason within 7 days of start date of the course, a refund will apply. This refund will be the total cost of the course, less the non-refundable administration fee stated above.
- If a student cancels an online course for any reason from week 2 onwards, the full course fee will be non-refundable. The student can however defer the payment to another online course if they wish to complete another online course offered by BHC School of Design. Students will have 6 months in which to defer.
- A student will not be given access to the online learning platform unless full payment has been received.
- Students will need to have transport for certain modules or courses. The Institution will as far as possible try to assist students with transport arrangements, but will not as such provide transport; the student will therefore be responsible for his own transport where transport is required or is necessary.
Domicilium and notices
- The student and legal guardian choose as domicilium citandi et executandi (“domicilium”) for all purposes, the address set out in paragraph 1.3 for the student and paragraph 1.4 for the legal guardian, respectively.
- No change of domicilium by the student and/or legal guardian will be valid or binding unless such notification is in writing and sent by registered post to the Institution.
- Any notification which is delivered by hand or by registered post to the respective domiciliums of the student and/or legal guardian, shall be deemed to have been received, in the case of delivery by hand, on the date of delivery; and in the case of registered post, on the third day after such notification has been posted.
Jurisdiction and costs
- The student and legal guardian agree to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court who has jurisdiction over his/her person, irrespective of the amount in question. If the Institution chooses to take action in the High Court, the Institution shall not be limited to claiming costs on the scale of the Magistrate’s Court.
- Should the Institution be required, or find it necessary, to take action against the student or legal guardian to enforce any rights or responsibilities in terms of this agreement, or to collect any money payable in terms of this agreement, the Institution shall be entitled to recover the costs incurred from the student or legal guardian on a scale as set between attorney and client.
Entirety of the agreement an amendments
- This document, together with the annexures thereto, contains the whole of the agreement between the parties and the parties confirm that no other proposals, other than those specifically contained in this agreement, are made by the Institution or any representative or authorized person on behalf of the Institution.
- No alteration, cancellation or novation of this agreement shall be legal and binding, unless such amendment, cancellation or novation is in writing and signed by both parties.
- Any relaxation of any requirements by the Institution shall be deemed to be prejudicial to the rights of the Institution to demand strict compliance to the conditions of this agreement.