BHC School of Design is aware of the necessity to “flatten the curve” of the virus and we are being proactive by transitioning to online learning. We are taking as many precautionary measures as possible to prevent the continued spread of COVID-19. Our learning content has been adapted and we have imposed remote formal lessons between lecturers and students. The staff has set up group ‘webinars’ to assist in the learning process, and will endeavor to communicate with learners. BHC School of Design will continue to operate as best we can through E-Learning platforms and our Learner Management System (LMS). Communication is the single most important factor when working remotely. Together we will achieve the high level of education we still believe possible over this period.
FYI’s and Tips for Remote Learning:
- Ensure internet access at home
- Set-up your dedicated workspace. Choose a quiet and private spot during lessons.
- Familiarise yourself with platforms or apps before lessons or meetings start, i.e. Slack, Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Lecturers will be available online from 09:00 – 15:00 Monday – Friday.
- Group discussions with students will be arranged at certain days and times and will be communicated to students beforehand.
- All ‘live’ events will be recorded and available to students who could not join.
- Projects and assignments will be submitted online by uploading to the LMS System.
- We are all going through the same change, share difficulties and ideas with each other.
- We encourage all learners to collaborate and use this time productively.
We are trying our best to make remote learning as efficient, enjoyable and productive as possible.